This page gives a brief overview of the features in version 4.4.x (compared to the previous version). In addition to some security updates, it also contains a series of new modules and features.
Setting up a management dashboard with reports on the first page of the UI (v3.2-div + V4.2-792 + 4.2.1-731). We have already listed some of the possibilities:
- When it becomes important to get a better view of crowds in waiting rooms (for example when restrictions are in force for Covid), there is a real-time overview of this occupancy. This overview is ‘real-time’.
- Overview of waiting times per doctor: (a) the doctor can see this for himself in his own dashboard, (b) authorized hospital employees can see this at hospital level. Note: every day (end of day) these waiting times are calculated based on appointment hour compared to call hour. It is also perfectly possible that this waiting time turns out to be negative when patients are called on average earlier than their appointment time.
- Depending on the features used by the hospital itself: Statistics on mobile app usage for OR & CDC (if relevant to the hospital), track-and-trace tag information…
Follow-up of patients throughout the operating theater (v4.0/4.1/4.2) – Note: this also requires a specific license for use from the hospital, but all software is present. Main features:
- Follow-up of patients throughout the surgical day hospital and operating theatre. (version 4.0) In this version the focus is on (a) the use by (internal) services, (b) informing supervisors of patients who are in hospital, in a waiting area where a screen is installed to inform them. See also under (°)
- Informing supervisors of patients (parents, children,…) via mobile app. (version 4.1 Android, version 4.2 iOS) In this version we therefore also notify patient attendants via a mobile app, based on (automated) detection in certain zones (e.g. OR, recovery, room). More information: https://partheas.com/nl/2022/07/04/partheas-flow-voor-ok-dagziekenhuis/
Mobile app for consultations (v4.3). Patients can follow the status of their consultation via mobile app.The software is equipped and contains these features, but requires an additional license. Is it also possible to build this feature into the infrastructure of third-party mobile app providers?
Integration with access control (v4.4). Integration with access control whereby different accesses can be created and issued for different profiles (patient, supervisor, visitor, company, invitees…) (via SMS, via email, after kiosk registration…). The software is equipped and contains these features, but requires an additional license.
(°) The technical infrastructure allows these functionalities to also be accommodated in the app of a possible third party. The API supports all the necessary options for this. In the next version it will also be possible to inform supervisors of patients via SMS.
New functional features
Dynamic layout of consultation rooms (v3.1-538). Previously, you could use a consultation room for the medical group it was set up for, but not for others. New design: allow each room to be used by a different medical discipline (buttons in the UI will be adapted accordingly).
Manual call instead of automatic option (v3.1-556) – allow automatic call instead of application – allow in the configuration so that the user interface of the consultation screen for doctors also supports this feature.
New possible layout of door screen in examination rooms (v3.1-530). When a patient is called to an examination room that is used by several doctors at the same time (plaster, bicycle ultrasound, diabetes examination…), the name of the treating doctor for the called patient can also be displayed (if desired) on the eInk door screens.
Enrichment of patient information from HL7 (v3.1-544+ v4.0-678). Additional functional information can be obtained from HL7 (telephone number, date of birth, etc.). Additional information can also be entered via the UI for a patient/appointment. Note: this step will be necessary in itself, in order for patients to also be able to send information to their GSM (SMS).
Change doctor name on screens (v3.1.1-616). It’s easier to change the doctor’s name through the UI. This can now also be done by the hospital itself.
Use changing rooms (v4.0-div). Calling patients to changing rooms instead of consultation rooms, and all the functionality to do this in the same way. Also provides additional options for medical imaging.
Discharge interaction (v4.0.2-722). Better support for dismissal messages and functionalities related to dismissal.
New technical features
UI is faster and more responsive (v3.1-559 + v3.1.1-609).
Various extensions to API ensure that subsequent 3rd parties can connect and exchange information (v3.1-x + v3.1.1-x + v3.2-x + v4.0-x + v4.0.1-x + v4.0.2 -x + v4.0.3-x + v4.1-x + v4.1.1-x + v4.2-x + v4.2.1-x + v4.3-x+ v4.3.1-x):
- User interfaces of 3rd systems
- Business intelligence applications
- Various user management systems
- Agenda Systems and EPD
- Localization applications
Open integration platform for integration with various track-and-trace technologies in addition to RFID (v4.0-626). Use case: infrared in ‘OK’ environments (Centrak).
Swagger (vMob2.0). Previously we had our own API documentation and test platform. That has now been converted to ‘swagger’. This provides more options and better documentation if integration with 3rd parties were to take place.
Docker(ize) of Partheas Flow & Partheas Q + Maven set-up.